Skip to main content

God Of War


   Kratos is officially coming back to PlayStation consoles near you on April 20,2018. I hate the fact they changed the voice actor but I guess it's just me probably because I haven't seen anybody talk about it.
  I saw the story trailer yesterday and so I'll be mentioning the things that I love already and the things I fear. From the story trailer,it appears Kratos just lost his wife and his son Atreus is still grieving as well as learning how to survive from his father Kratos. 

Apparently Atreus doesn't know his father is a literal god who killed basically all the top tier greek gods and for some strange reason,Kratos doesn't want to tell him(i scratched my head for this).

  Atreus falls Ill because he's godly side is taken over,I honestly don't know how that makes sense but that's what I heard in the trailer. I might be wrong but I don't think I am so....you guys with PlayStation consoles should tell us noobs!.

  Now I said earlier I'd be talking about the things I liked and hated from what I've seen so far. It's only right that I mention the positives first so here they are;

•The Camera Angle

   I have played all GOW games prior to this(yes,including that stupid game called Ascension) and I didn't get why the camera angle was that way. I mean,Kratos is a brutal and personal fighter,he doesn't have slick moves like the types of Dante or Ezio so I always wanted to see those brutal kills up close and so,am really glad Santa Monica Studios heard my prayers(even though technically I might never play it) and gave us this new up close and fresh angle!.

•Atreus

   So on SM's twitter page,I saw a lot of hateful comments about Atreus and a lot of people are already labelling him as a "useless annoying character". It confuses me when I see people say shit like that,I like him already because he adds depth to Kratos. Aren't we tired of Kratos just being hateful? Don't you want to see him care for someone? That makes him interesting and shows he has grown from being just the mindless brute. And to top it off,Santa Monica wouldn't add Atreus in if he wasn't going to add to the story.

•A Breath Of Fresh Air

We have killed all the residents of mount Olympus,we need more dead gods and who do you call when you want to see a dead god? KRATOS!. He doesn't have his iconic chains but the axe is good enough for me(in fact,just his bloody hands are enough!). I really really hope he fights Thor(that's if Thor's in this game) because I always wanted to see that.

  Now for the negatives that I have seen in the game.
• The Story


      I'll start up with the story,I don't think the story is strong enough. At least from what I've seen,the only way it could span a lengthy game would be if they plan on killing Kratos midway and making Atreus the new titular character so they can spin off a lot of sequels and prequels and they wouldn't do that RIIIIIIGHT?

•Voice Actor
    I mentioned it before but it still pisses me off,I guess they changed voice actors because Kratos isn't filled with rage anymore or because it's a soft reboot but still am not a fan. It doesn't feel the same,there's no chill when I hear his voice....the new guy just has a deep voice,it doesn't scare me. Maybe it's nostalgia or something but am not a fan of the new voice actor.

•A Breath Of Fresh Air

    Yes, you read that right...this is also a bad thing for the game. And I say this because Kratos back story is so rooted in Greek Mythology that I don't see him switching to the Norse side. They better have a very very very good explanation for why he went there and even had a baby mama for that matter.
The perfect thing they should have done was make a new story with a new character who kills Norse gods. Anyhow though,let's see what they come up with because from the looks of things,this game will either be really great or really bad.

•Kratos


   You know I said Atreus would add more depth to Kratos as a character? Well what if he doesn't need that? I mean,he served his ultimate goal which was to avenge his wife and daughter's death as well as kill the Greek gods for screwing him over so why all this? Why not let the character die? And if at all you wanted to bring him back...why not bring him in all his glory and rage and gore? He seems too chill here and am not saying that's a bad thing because it's not. 
It would actually serve as a good story but you have to admit that some characters shouldn't be tweaked because "fans" might not receive it well(Luke in The Last Jedi).

  If you liked this post don't forget to help me promote it anyway you can. You can tell a friend about the blog or post it on social media,whichever way is fine by me. 

Sorry for not posting much I have a ton of school work, am trying so hard to grasp programming while also taking this really complex maths course. So I hope you guys still keep it 100% with Me and have faith that I'll post more. Hopefully with your help we'll reach higher places! Thanks! Again...don't forget to tell me what you think about "God Of War" in the comment section! Barney... Out!

Comments

The Popular Posts

DOOM PATROL

   The second DC Universe Live Action show; Doom Patrol just premiered and I must say, it was a really interesting watch. Following the lives of the Doom Patrol, a team of very strange heroes who we first encounter during an episode of Titans, the show sheds more light on how they came to be the "freaks" that they are now through a brilliant narrator who ties into the episode and beautiful acting from every member of the cast.   If you saw them in Titans, you might have been pissed off by the actor who played Chief there. I thought he was horrible and the show recast him with a much better and intense actor who carries each scene he's in. With just the first episode, I was very impressed by how funny, serious and emotional it was. Unlike the show before it, Doom Patrol managed to start off on a high note with so many possibilities, it actually manage to do the whole team dynamic better than the Titan show.  I could actually feel the bond amongst each member ...

Samurai Jack's Finale Review!

If you grew up watching jack try to defeat aku and you got sad cause you never got a conclusion well the new season given to you by adult swim got you covered...it has 10 episodes and most weren't the best but they all had top notch voice acting and animation. The finale episode picks up were episode 9 left off with Aku capturing our awesome samurai and Ashi still in control of Aku.It's not Aku unless he gloats so in typical fashion Aku streamed a live video of samurai Jack chained and about to be killed...it was funny because he used the montage of the original show, which was a nice nod.All those who jack has helped since season 1 watched as he was tortured and they all joined together to attack Aku's headquarters... They all fired at Aku but with him being all powerful he wasn't affected....While all this was happening my guy Jack was trying to bring his babe back to the light side so he can slide into her DM😂😂😂...am just kidding he just wanted her to su...

BLACK PANTHER: SPOILER REVIEW

  If you haven ’ t seen black panther,I don ’t think you’d understand this post because I’ll be talking about things that happened rather than explaining them like most spoiler reviews. With that being said,let us march on. We saw the bright side of wakanda as well as it ’s hidden dark history and so now,its time to talk about. I’ll start of by talking about who everyone is talking about and that is no one else but Erik Killmonger.   Erik Killmonger and Ulysyss Klaw are now my favorite villains. In fact, unlike many I actually preferred Klaw as a villain but maybe that was because Killmonger was more of an antagonist(yes,they can be different)to me. Klaw just wanted vibranium so he could fuck shit up but Erik’s grievance was more personal and it challenged T’challa’s ideals because who Erik had become was a result of his father’s(King T’chaka) mistake I’ll go into that in a bit.  Black Panther shows us just how impressive Wakanda is because it’s ...

WHOLE LOTTA RED: A REVIEW

After two damn years of waiting [definitely not me], Carti finally drops the album! I wasn't going to make a review BUT when I heard Carti, in Punk Monk , say "... I don't rap, I write poems..." I was like: Whole Lotta Red is Playboi Carti's second studio album and as I've earlier stated, a highly anticipated project. And Carti takes a weird, twisted and unsurprisingly dark route with this album. I mean did you see the merch? Anyways, the WLR comprises of 24 songs. Yes. I know. That's a lot. But Carti feels it's fine. You get more songs for the wait? 🤔 Man really brought hieroglyphics to his track naming 😭. I kinda respect Carti for embodying many trolls. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger yeah? Before I review the songs, we have to talk about the album art. C'mon Carti. Why this? Sigh . Weak ass album art. This just screams low effort. The album has three categories according to my ears: absolute trash, confessions and pretty okay. ...