Skip to main content

One Piece Chapter 1000! Discussion!!!

 

 One Piece is a massive manga series created by the famous talented mangaka Eiichiro Oda. It has managed to keep going for 20 years and while it appears to be in it's final arcs, the series still has a couple of years left for it till its finale. 

 


 One Piece hit it's 1000th chapter mark this week albeit unofficially because it's slated for an official release of January, 2021. With that being said, if you're an anime only or simply do not want to know anything till the official release comes out, you can stop reading now because, I will be discussing the whole chapter and what my thoughts are for the future going on from here. The 1000th chapter is deservingly named "Strawhat Luffy" I like that it's called this for obvious reasons such as Luffy being the main character of the whole thing and getting to see him now compared to where he was when he set out for the sea two years ago (well, 20 years in our time). 

 

 Resuming immediately from where we left off in Chapter 999, Luffy is still trying to get to the top floor to fight Kaido who is now with Big Mom and has been able to neutralize all of Kozuki Oden's retainers including Kinemon. As Luffy gets closer, he sees some of the Minks lead by Shishilian who have helped him clear his path and he thanks them for protecting Raizo back on Zou from Jack and the beast pirates, and then proceeds to go and face off Kaido. We see Marco successfully fending off against Queen and King and then he springboards Zoro to the top floor as well where the main action is going place. 


 We also get a cutback to Yamato discussing with Momonosuke and Shinobu where she hints at ".D" and continues telling him about Ace and his Momo's father Oden. Oden in his journal had predicted that powerful pirates in twenty years time would come and save wano from the captivity of Kaido and the beast pirates. We see another flashback of Ace and Yamato where he tells Yamato about Luffy's dream and asks that he doesn't laugh at it even though him and Sabo initially did. I loved hearing that because its cool to see Ace acknowledge Sabo  even though he thought he was dead at the time. Yamato tells Ace that a notable figure (who I believe to be Roger) shared the same dream, adding that Luffy would probably have been his friend. Ace says he'd like to have a drink with this man and Yamato tells Ace he's already dead.


While Yamato talked about Oden prediction of strong pirates coming in 20 years, we see an ensemble shot of Supernovas Luffy, Zoro, Law, Kidd and Killer all ready to face off the larger than life emperors Kaido and Big Mom. Luffy disrespectfully passes Big Mom and Kaido, ignoring them to go and meet a severely injured Kinemon, he apologizes for coming late, Kinemon beats himself up saying he's not worthy to even die after failing his master Oden, we see a shot of all the other retainers beaten and injured as well. Kinemon begs Luffy to save wano and Luffy passionately  reassures him that he will because this is his friend's country. Luffy calls on Law to use his devil fruit powers to remove all the retainers from the battlefield in order to ensure their safety.


Kaido and Big Mom are angry after they had a discussion where Kaido talks about how Luffy disrespectfully made his claim to be pirate king, Kaido asks him to repeat his statement and we get an amazing shot of Luffy's  as he uses gear third to launch a new fiery attack probably infused with ryou called "Red Rock" (which might be an homage to Ace's Red Hawk which we saw an earlier iteration of in wano against beast pirate Holdem) and levels Kaido to the floor. This shocks Big Mom who asks Kaido how he'd let himself be taken down so easily by the Straw hat. The chapter ends with Luffy restating his ambition to become the Pirate King!



I think the next couple of chapters will just contain action packed panels shifting from the battle on the top floor or the one with the other straw hats and the flying six. I also think we might get to know about the will of d or at lease get some new information from it. I also believe a pivotal character has to die before Wano ends and that Yamato will be probably become the eleventh official member of the straw hat pirates.



If you liked this and you'd want to see more manga related discussions, fill free to contact me, and recommend. Also do like, share and subscribe. I'd also love to hear your thoughts on the chapter as well 

Comments

  1. Actually, it's Red "Roc". Roc is translated to be a strong mythical bird BUT yes, it's still similar to Ace's move.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

The Popular Posts

DOOM PATROL

   The second DC Universe Live Action show; Doom Patrol just premiered and I must say, it was a really interesting watch. Following the lives of the Doom Patrol, a team of very strange heroes who we first encounter during an episode of Titans, the show sheds more light on how they came to be the "freaks" that they are now through a brilliant narrator who ties into the episode and beautiful acting from every member of the cast.   If you saw them in Titans, you might have been pissed off by the actor who played Chief there. I thought he was horrible and the show recast him with a much better and intense actor who carries each scene he's in. With just the first episode, I was very impressed by how funny, serious and emotional it was. Unlike the show before it, Doom Patrol managed to start off on a high note with so many possibilities, it actually manage to do the whole team dynamic better than the Titan show.  I could actually feel the bond amongst each member ...

Samurai Jack's Finale Review!

If you grew up watching jack try to defeat aku and you got sad cause you never got a conclusion well the new season given to you by adult swim got you covered...it has 10 episodes and most weren't the best but they all had top notch voice acting and animation. The finale episode picks up were episode 9 left off with Aku capturing our awesome samurai and Ashi still in control of Aku.It's not Aku unless he gloats so in typical fashion Aku streamed a live video of samurai Jack chained and about to be killed...it was funny because he used the montage of the original show, which was a nice nod.All those who jack has helped since season 1 watched as he was tortured and they all joined together to attack Aku's headquarters... They all fired at Aku but with him being all powerful he wasn't affected....While all this was happening my guy Jack was trying to bring his babe back to the light side so he can slide into her DM😂😂😂...am just kidding he just wanted her to su...

BLACK PANTHER: SPOILER REVIEW

  If you haven ’ t seen black panther,I don ’t think you’d understand this post because I’ll be talking about things that happened rather than explaining them like most spoiler reviews. With that being said,let us march on. We saw the bright side of wakanda as well as it ’s hidden dark history and so now,its time to talk about. I’ll start of by talking about who everyone is talking about and that is no one else but Erik Killmonger.   Erik Killmonger and Ulysyss Klaw are now my favorite villains. In fact, unlike many I actually preferred Klaw as a villain but maybe that was because Killmonger was more of an antagonist(yes,they can be different)to me. Klaw just wanted vibranium so he could fuck shit up but Erik’s grievance was more personal and it challenged T’challa’s ideals because who Erik had become was a result of his father’s(King T’chaka) mistake I’ll go into that in a bit.  Black Panther shows us just how impressive Wakanda is because it’s ...

WHOLE LOTTA RED: A REVIEW

After two damn years of waiting [definitely not me], Carti finally drops the album! I wasn't going to make a review BUT when I heard Carti, in Punk Monk , say "... I don't rap, I write poems..." I was like: Whole Lotta Red is Playboi Carti's second studio album and as I've earlier stated, a highly anticipated project. And Carti takes a weird, twisted and unsurprisingly dark route with this album. I mean did you see the merch? Anyways, the WLR comprises of 24 songs. Yes. I know. That's a lot. But Carti feels it's fine. You get more songs for the wait? 🤔 Man really brought hieroglyphics to his track naming 😭. I kinda respect Carti for embodying many trolls. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger yeah? Before I review the songs, we have to talk about the album art. C'mon Carti. Why this? Sigh . Weak ass album art. This just screams low effort. The album has three categories according to my ears: absolute trash, confessions and pretty okay. ...