Skip to main content

DAREDEVIL SEASON 3: An Immersive Masterpiece

                                               

Marvel’s daredevil is back and honestly there is only one word that can be used to describe the thirteen episode brilliance that is season 3 and that word is…..wow. Honestly speaking,this season is more of a direct sequel to season 1 than season 2 was which makes perfect sense because, season 2 was basically a backdoor pilot  for the Defenders and The Punisher. In fact, I can say that if you do not watch season 2 of daredevil you wouldn’t really be confused because, most of the issues being faced here are mostly from where season 1 left off.

Please know that my previous statement does not in any way mean season 2 of Daredevil was bad,it was great. My only real issue was that the show trying so hard to make the hand feel like this unstoppable force. I think that was pointless because, it didn’t pay off on “The Defenders” and the whole set up for the hand felt extremely pointless and lack luster.

Instead of trying to help push their audience to watch another show this time around, the writers instead decide on going back to the things that, I feel personally made season one of Daredevil stellar;
-Wilson Fisk and Matt Murdock
-Incredible Fight Scenes
-A well grounded story
-High stakes
-well developed characters

All those things are what makes Daredevil truly great. Now enough of me praising the previous seasons,now it’s time for me to….wait for it..praise the new season!. if you haven’t seen the third season yet you should because it is bloody brilliant.

The third season of Marvel’s Daredevil picks up immediately from where we last saw Matt and that was; stuck in the aftermath of the final battle between the defenders and the hand. Badly injured and unable to fully use his incredible senses anymore, Matt manages to find his way back to the church where he is treated and taken care of. On the other hand, Wilson Fisk(who is still in jail) gradually starts manipulating and scheming to find a way out of jail. Karen Paige and Foggy Nelson still think their friend is dead and so they both mourn him in very different ways.

Everything this season was just so freaking great man,the new primary characters; Agent Pointdexter and Ray Nadeem were a great addition to the team and they really served in elavating the show to exciting new heights. Pointdexter is a mentally troubled FBI agent with super human marksmanship and Nadeem is a honest FBI agent who wants the best for his family and people of Hell’s kitchen.  

I think the thing I loved most about this season was the fact that it not only showed how powerful Wilson Fisk was, it also showed the internal struggles and frustrations that comes with being the devil of Hell’s kitchen. Daredevil has gone back to his vintage attire and he is truly unhinged and out for blood(kind of). Wilson literally spends this season manipulating every single person in Hell’s kitchen and he’s back again, with his iconic use of words which makes every despicable thing he does not seem so bad.

This season is a lot more personal than it’s predecessors and it gives you more insight on the lives of the “good guys”(Matt,Karen and Paige). we see and learn a lot more about them and they are even some very shocking reveals that are hinted at from episode one. I don’t want to spoil anything that is very major or important so, because of that, I’ll just talk about the highlights or rather the things I saw as highlights this season;

1- The growth of the good guys;

So if you watched season 2, Nelson was extremely frustrating and irritating. All his scenes provoked me and I kept asking why he was on the show at all but this season he got transformed to this lovable and heart warming character who is incredibly bold and serves as the moral compass of the show. I feel like the writers of the flash can learn from that and make Cisco great again. 

Karen also grows as a character, she’s more desperate and that really brings out the investigative journalist in her. The best person with growth this season was the devil himself; Matt freaking Murdock. He’s really going through a lot and you can feel his struggle. Kingpin is like he says “always 5 steps ahead of him” and he constantly thinks about ending Fisk….permanently. I really love that because it’s realistic,a vigilante who knows how cruel and powerful Fisk is would definitely want to kill him.

2- The FIGHT SCENES!;

   Oh boy, the fight scenes on Daredevil have always been excellent not just because of the excellent choreography,but also because of how real they look and feel. This season, they are even better because most of the fights are unexpected and I think you guys should really look out for them. 

They are bloody brilliant and well choreographed. The camera angle, the use of environment in a way that manages to look realistic and the musical score are the reasons why the fight scenes are just freaking mad!. please Netflix, do not cancel this show or I’ll have to focus on school, and I know you don’t want that.

3- Wilson Fisk;

The calculating,intelligent and brutal Kingpin of Hell’s kitchen continues to top the list of best live action marvel villains and this time, he hit the bull's-eye . 

Through out the whole season, there’s no scene where he’s in that feels boring or unimportant. This man is so good with words but you can’t help but root for him sometimes. Everyone is playing his grand game and they don’t even know the rules. This season,Fisk wants to get reunited with his beloved Vanessa and he does not care about who ever has to die for it because he must get his love back. In the end Fisk is truly a massive highlight and great asset to the show and I would really like to see more from him in the future.

4- There’s no title for the fourth highlight of this season because it isn’t just one thing, it’s everything;

 The new characters make the show even better. The acting is amazing,honestly I don’t even know what to say anymore. 

It’s just really good, it wasn’t trying to create new storylines or hype up the other defenders. It was just self contained like the first season and focused on telling a single immersive story so…..leave whatever boring thing you’re doing now and go and binge the hell out of Daredevil.

If you liked this post,don’t forget to like, comment, share and subscribe to the newsletter to get e-mail notifications for my latest posts and stuff. You can also follow me on social media by clicking any of the social icons above. 

Comments

The Popular Posts

DOOM PATROL

   The second DC Universe Live Action show; Doom Patrol just premiered and I must say, it was a really interesting watch. Following the lives of the Doom Patrol, a team of very strange heroes who we first encounter during an episode of Titans, the show sheds more light on how they came to be the "freaks" that they are now through a brilliant narrator who ties into the episode and beautiful acting from every member of the cast.   If you saw them in Titans, you might have been pissed off by the actor who played Chief there. I thought he was horrible and the show recast him with a much better and intense actor who carries each scene he's in. With just the first episode, I was very impressed by how funny, serious and emotional it was. Unlike the show before it, Doom Patrol managed to start off on a high note with so many possibilities, it actually manage to do the whole team dynamic better than the Titan show.  I could actually feel the bond amongst each member ...

Samurai Jack's Finale Review!

If you grew up watching jack try to defeat aku and you got sad cause you never got a conclusion well the new season given to you by adult swim got you covered...it has 10 episodes and most weren't the best but they all had top notch voice acting and animation. The finale episode picks up were episode 9 left off with Aku capturing our awesome samurai and Ashi still in control of Aku.It's not Aku unless he gloats so in typical fashion Aku streamed a live video of samurai Jack chained and about to be killed...it was funny because he used the montage of the original show, which was a nice nod.All those who jack has helped since season 1 watched as he was tortured and they all joined together to attack Aku's headquarters... They all fired at Aku but with him being all powerful he wasn't affected....While all this was happening my guy Jack was trying to bring his babe back to the light side so he can slide into her DM😂😂😂...am just kidding he just wanted her to su...

BLACK PANTHER: SPOILER REVIEW

  If you haven ’ t seen black panther,I don ’t think you’d understand this post because I’ll be talking about things that happened rather than explaining them like most spoiler reviews. With that being said,let us march on. We saw the bright side of wakanda as well as it ’s hidden dark history and so now,its time to talk about. I’ll start of by talking about who everyone is talking about and that is no one else but Erik Killmonger.   Erik Killmonger and Ulysyss Klaw are now my favorite villains. In fact, unlike many I actually preferred Klaw as a villain but maybe that was because Killmonger was more of an antagonist(yes,they can be different)to me. Klaw just wanted vibranium so he could fuck shit up but Erik’s grievance was more personal and it challenged T’challa’s ideals because who Erik had become was a result of his father’s(King T’chaka) mistake I’ll go into that in a bit.  Black Panther shows us just how impressive Wakanda is because it’s ...

WHOLE LOTTA RED: A REVIEW

After two damn years of waiting [definitely not me], Carti finally drops the album! I wasn't going to make a review BUT when I heard Carti, in Punk Monk , say "... I don't rap, I write poems..." I was like: Whole Lotta Red is Playboi Carti's second studio album and as I've earlier stated, a highly anticipated project. And Carti takes a weird, twisted and unsurprisingly dark route with this album. I mean did you see the merch? Anyways, the WLR comprises of 24 songs. Yes. I know. That's a lot. But Carti feels it's fine. You get more songs for the wait? 🤔 Man really brought hieroglyphics to his track naming 😭. I kinda respect Carti for embodying many trolls. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger yeah? Before I review the songs, we have to talk about the album art. C'mon Carti. Why this? Sigh . Weak ass album art. This just screams low effort. The album has three categories according to my ears: absolute trash, confessions and pretty okay. ...