Skip to main content

New Year,New Stuff

   .

By the time you're reading this it'll be 2018 and I just want to say a very big thank you to those who read my blog and have been following from the get go and those that read now.  Seeing people read the things I write makes me so happy and has motivated me to try to be better at my blog posts(I proof read now... To an extent) so once again,thanks

    It's a new year so I just wanted to say I'll post more music stuff, I really love music especially hip hop and I know some of you night not be into that so I just wanted to tell you ahead of time and my friend Andrea told me it's the polite thing to do. I'll also make posts about Gaming even though I don't have a console or PC and cartoons and anime too! So if you liked the little posts I made about Anime and Cartoons,I'll make more of that.

    This isn't as long as my normal posts because it's not really a "full post" but more like an "FYI note". So far the blog has gotten over 4k views and am very proud of that and I appreciate those of you who read and share with friends,colleagues and family. My goals for this blog in 2018 are pretty high but I know with great folks like you we'll work something out. Here they are;

- Grow my followers
-Make more engaging posts
-Get an active comment section(I really want this)
-get followers on instagram@thaexquisitenerd and twitter @daboredomkiller
-Hit 10k views and possibly 2-3k email subs.

 I know with the kind of great readers I have all these(or even more) might happen in 2018. I'm sorry if I'm sounding cheesy but I mean everything I've said here! I'm very happy of how far this blog and myself have come thus far,Thank You A lot!.
                                    The Boredom Killer
                                          (Barney)

Comments

The Popular Posts

DOOM PATROL

   The second DC Universe Live Action show; Doom Patrol just premiered and I must say, it was a really interesting watch. Following the lives of the Doom Patrol, a team of very strange heroes who we first encounter during an episode of Titans, the show sheds more light on how they came to be the "freaks" that they are now through a brilliant narrator who ties into the episode and beautiful acting from every member of the cast.   If you saw them in Titans, you might have been pissed off by the actor who played Chief there. I thought he was horrible and the show recast him with a much better and intense actor who carries each scene he's in. With just the first episode, I was very impressed by how funny, serious and emotional it was. Unlike the show before it, Doom Patrol managed to start off on a high note with so many possibilities, it actually manage to do the whole team dynamic better than the Titan show.  I could actually feel the bond amongst each member ...

Mank review with a little bit of spoilers

“ I know you” was Marion’s first words to Herman Mankiewicz, this was the same way I felt because I had seen Citizen Kane (1940) prior to viewing this, so most of the things in the movie looked and sounded familiar  I strongly recommend seeing Citizen Kane before seeing this. Mank is a story of stories, but primarily it is about Herman’s journey in writing the first script draft of Citizen Kane after Orson Welles slashed the number of days he had to spend writing and everything that inspired the story. It is also a story about the complexity of Hollywood studios, the impact of the great depression on the infant film industry, filmmakers meddling with politics, the emergence of the Writer’s guild of America (WGA). While all these different stories progressed, the primary plot was still at full sail.  The non-linearity of the movie was marvelously done, it leaves the audience panting to find out the WHY for some of the actions of the characters, most are rooted in a...

UMBRELLA ACADEMY: WEIRD IS GREAT!

   I feel like this is the first time i have made a post about a show that just got released this early. Truth be told, i missed a class trying to binge all ten episodes of the new netflix show;  Doom Patrol  (that was a joke), sorry Umbrella Academy.   Honestly speaking, i find it truly intriguing how rare and fascinating how two really good and similar shows like Doom Patrol and Umbrella Academy got released during the same period of time. With the Netflix marvel shows being cancelled, i think its safe to say we'll still have our dosage of realistic superheroes on the small screen.   Based on the Dark Horse comic of the same name, Umbrella Academy tells the story of a group of kids who wan born on the same day in 1989 to mothers who weren't pregnant before that day. A rich man named Sir Reginald Hargreeves who managed to adopt seven kids out of the forty-three that were born on that day. With six of them(allegedly) having extraordinary pow...

First Listen: SZA - SOS

much like Kendrick Lamar with Mr Morale & The Big Steppers , SOS is several things. underwhelming being one. the twenty three song album is not what you expect of an artiste that's been away from the solo scene for five years. note: is it a bad album? no. so does it possess the dawg? sadly, no. SOS is that album with a poorly mixed intro, forgettable songs, i-will-need-more-listens, and (of course) a few songs that are actually GREAT ! we all know the theme of the album but one of the reason it fails might be because too much is happening. one minute it's rnb/soul, next minute it's (t)rap. i mean... F2F is rock ffs. there's also lyricsm that reminds us of kdot. coincidence? it's definitely not an album i'll be spinning often but hopefully a couple listens changes my opinion . & just so we're clear, CTRL is the better album and Phoebe Bridgers is amazing!