Skip to main content

BOKU NO HERO: ANIME AT IT’S PRIME





 I’m not sure if I mentioned this on my blog before but I used to hate boku no hero so bad,I thought it was cheesy and very childish. Well at first glance it certainly looks that way so I do not completely blame ignorant me for thinking so you know?. For those familiar with this anime,I complained about everything from the basic concept of quirks to the complexity of why the students of U.A wanted to be heroes.

When I first started watching it,I dumped it at episode 8 because I did not find it interesting enough and then boom!,one day out of boredom I decided to pick up from episode 8 and damn I could not miss a single scene. Boku no hero is so special because it is that it manages to have the ingredients of Anime like Hunter x Hunter,Naruto,One Piece,e.t.c but it also manages to still be very unique and entertaining.


 It has the potential to run for many many many seasons,I think the story of Midoriya and his classmates training at U.A to become heroes simply resonates with people because it is simple and also imaginative. I think every kid at least had that one hero dream moment. I love the way BNH sheds more light on characters,they don’t drag it till the instead it feels like feeler,instead it actually feels important and gives characters extra layers.


  To me the creator of this anime certainly got inspired by a lot of things for one,Endeavour the second best hero is obviously based of from Fire Lord Ozai I mean they are both abusive fathers of powers who put their sons through so much emotional trauma growing up not only by isolating their wives,but also by forcing their sons into becoming better warriors.



All might the number one hero is the representation of a true hero who on the outside seems untouchable but is actually fragile and even at that,will do whatever it takes to protect people. A lot of heroes can be said to fit this description but to me superman best fits it.


 You also have the Rivalry between Bakugo and Midoriya which I like to call infant Sasuke v Naruto. I call it infant because their rivalry is still in it’s basic stage it isn’t mature yet. Bakugo is still the sasuke who is naturally gifted and often discriminate others and likes being a loner while Midoriya is still the Naruto who will still keep fighting no matter how it gets even if the chances of success are slim and that is because,that is his hero way…..he will do anything to protect his classmates and innocent people.


  I also think Tokoyami the dark shadow bearer is very similar to Neji, in the sense that they are both generally excellent and well focused students who have the potential to be the best but have some inner control issues to work about before they can get to where they want. Okay am getting off track and all but I couldn’t help but gush about this anime that I once hated. I love it so much now that I have the temptation to read the manga due to weekly release of episodes and am hardly ever interested in doing that.

 In summary Boku no hero is a great anime because it has all the ingredients and it uses those ingredients excellently. From its rich characters,great comedy and epic battles….everything about this anime is fun,upbeat and engaging!.



   Sorry for taking a while to post this,I know I talked about making a post covering my opinion on it but I forgot but as I woke up a couple of minutes ago,I got inspired to write all these just because I’ve wanted to for a while now. What do you think? Do you agree with me? Do you like the character comparisons or do you think am exaggerating. Do not be shy, tell me what you think.
   


Comments

The Popular Posts

DOOM PATROL

   The second DC Universe Live Action show; Doom Patrol just premiered and I must say, it was a really interesting watch. Following the lives of the Doom Patrol, a team of very strange heroes who we first encounter during an episode of Titans, the show sheds more light on how they came to be the "freaks" that they are now through a brilliant narrator who ties into the episode and beautiful acting from every member of the cast.   If you saw them in Titans, you might have been pissed off by the actor who played Chief there. I thought he was horrible and the show recast him with a much better and intense actor who carries each scene he's in. With just the first episode, I was very impressed by how funny, serious and emotional it was. Unlike the show before it, Doom Patrol managed to start off on a high note with so many possibilities, it actually manage to do the whole team dynamic better than the Titan show.  I could actually feel the bond amongst each member ...

Samurai Jack's Finale Review!

If you grew up watching jack try to defeat aku and you got sad cause you never got a conclusion well the new season given to you by adult swim got you covered...it has 10 episodes and most weren't the best but they all had top notch voice acting and animation. The finale episode picks up were episode 9 left off with Aku capturing our awesome samurai and Ashi still in control of Aku.It's not Aku unless he gloats so in typical fashion Aku streamed a live video of samurai Jack chained and about to be killed...it was funny because he used the montage of the original show, which was a nice nod.All those who jack has helped since season 1 watched as he was tortured and they all joined together to attack Aku's headquarters... They all fired at Aku but with him being all powerful he wasn't affected....While all this was happening my guy Jack was trying to bring his babe back to the light side so he can slide into her DM😂😂😂...am just kidding he just wanted her to su...

Mank review with a little bit of spoilers

“ I know you” was Marion’s first words to Herman Mankiewicz, this was the same way I felt because I had seen Citizen Kane (1940) prior to viewing this, so most of the things in the movie looked and sounded familiar  I strongly recommend seeing Citizen Kane before seeing this. Mank is a story of stories, but primarily it is about Herman’s journey in writing the first script draft of Citizen Kane after Orson Welles slashed the number of days he had to spend writing and everything that inspired the story. It is also a story about the complexity of Hollywood studios, the impact of the great depression on the infant film industry, filmmakers meddling with politics, the emergence of the Writer’s guild of America (WGA). While all these different stories progressed, the primary plot was still at full sail.  The non-linearity of the movie was marvelously done, it leaves the audience panting to find out the WHY for some of the actions of the characters, most are rooted in a...

UMBRELLA ACADEMY: WEIRD IS GREAT!

   I feel like this is the first time i have made a post about a show that just got released this early. Truth be told, i missed a class trying to binge all ten episodes of the new netflix show;  Doom Patrol  (that was a joke), sorry Umbrella Academy.   Honestly speaking, i find it truly intriguing how rare and fascinating how two really good and similar shows like Doom Patrol and Umbrella Academy got released during the same period of time. With the Netflix marvel shows being cancelled, i think its safe to say we'll still have our dosage of realistic superheroes on the small screen.   Based on the Dark Horse comic of the same name, Umbrella Academy tells the story of a group of kids who wan born on the same day in 1989 to mothers who weren't pregnant before that day. A rich man named Sir Reginald Hargreeves who managed to adopt seven kids out of the forty-three that were born on that day. With six of them(allegedly) having extraordinary pow...