Skip to main content

Why is J. Cole Underappreciated?

 

      If you're a big hop hop fan right now,there's one thing that is given any time top three of this generation are mentioned the names that pop into our head are;
• J. Cole
•Kendrick Lamar
•Drake

      I am 100% in support of the first two as easily the greatest rappers of this generation. I do not agree with Drake because he's not as good as he used to be, usually people would say "he's gone soft" but I say he's gone pop.

   Now Kendrick Lamar and Drake have been well carried by the media and have been recognized with awards by the Grammy's but why hasn't J. Cole been recognized?. I am a massive J. Cole fan(he's my favorite artist) and I know he left the limelight to live a "realer" life with his family and the people he loves most and even with lack of publicity and promotion, he manages to still make double platinum albums and he doesn't compromise his artistry for pop songs like drake. So why hasn't he won a Grammy? Is it because he makes "woke" or "conscious" music? Or is it because he calls out people in the industry for what they are a bunch of snakes.

     J. Cole got snubbed this year even though he made one of the most touching albums of year and some people call it "boring" but the truth is,it was a deep and very meaningful album. Some might say it's not as good as 2014 forest hill drive(which didn't win a Grammy!) but I feel they're both on par but 2014 FHD just has better replay value.

     I get so angry and frustrated that people call J. Cole boring because he's not always on that "booty and ass" shit and because he doesn't make trap beats. J. Cole ever since the days of Friday Night Lights(one of the best mixtapes ever created) has always been versatile, simple and very touching. His songs are deep and relatable,I mean this man made a song about him having sex for the first time and it was a beautiful and hilarious story.

     I just don't get how artists like Migos,21 savage,Lil Yatchy,Xxxtentacion and the rest get more recognition in the music game than J. Cole.  That shit doesn't add up at all it pains me so much that I had to talk about even though I didn't think I'd post stuff about music artists here. I am not a fan of trap at all I love "rap" music and that's why am a fan of big dogs like;

• J. Cole
•Joey Bad@$$
•Phora
•Logic
•Joyner Lucas
•Chance The Rapper
•NF
•Childish Gambino
 •Tyler the Creator
     I don't know why I posted this,maybe it's because it pisses me off...or maybe it's because I just love J. Cole and the Whole Dreamville team(especially Ari Lennox),I don't know really but I have said how I feel.

Also,you can follow me on twitter @daboredomkiller and on Instagram @thaexquisitenerd if you're into social media and stuff!,Merry Christmas Also!

Comments

The Popular Posts

DOOM PATROL

   The second DC Universe Live Action show; Doom Patrol just premiered and I must say, it was a really interesting watch. Following the lives of the Doom Patrol, a team of very strange heroes who we first encounter during an episode of Titans, the show sheds more light on how they came to be the "freaks" that they are now through a brilliant narrator who ties into the episode and beautiful acting from every member of the cast.   If you saw them in Titans, you might have been pissed off by the actor who played Chief there. I thought he was horrible and the show recast him with a much better and intense actor who carries each scene he's in. With just the first episode, I was very impressed by how funny, serious and emotional it was. Unlike the show before it, Doom Patrol managed to start off on a high note with so many possibilities, it actually manage to do the whole team dynamic better than the Titan show.  I could actually feel the bond amongst each member ...

Samurai Jack's Finale Review!

If you grew up watching jack try to defeat aku and you got sad cause you never got a conclusion well the new season given to you by adult swim got you covered...it has 10 episodes and most weren't the best but they all had top notch voice acting and animation. The finale episode picks up were episode 9 left off with Aku capturing our awesome samurai and Ashi still in control of Aku.It's not Aku unless he gloats so in typical fashion Aku streamed a live video of samurai Jack chained and about to be killed...it was funny because he used the montage of the original show, which was a nice nod.All those who jack has helped since season 1 watched as he was tortured and they all joined together to attack Aku's headquarters... They all fired at Aku but with him being all powerful he wasn't affected....While all this was happening my guy Jack was trying to bring his babe back to the light side so he can slide into her DM😂😂😂...am just kidding he just wanted her to su...

UMBRELLA ACADEMY: WEIRD IS GREAT!

   I feel like this is the first time i have made a post about a show that just got released this early. Truth be told, i missed a class trying to binge all ten episodes of the new netflix show;  Doom Patrol  (that was a joke), sorry Umbrella Academy.   Honestly speaking, i find it truly intriguing how rare and fascinating how two really good and similar shows like Doom Patrol and Umbrella Academy got released during the same period of time. With the Netflix marvel shows being cancelled, i think its safe to say we'll still have our dosage of realistic superheroes on the small screen.   Based on the Dark Horse comic of the same name, Umbrella Academy tells the story of a group of kids who wan born on the same day in 1989 to mothers who weren't pregnant before that day. A rich man named Sir Reginald Hargreeves who managed to adopt seven kids out of the forty-three that were born on that day. With six of them(allegedly) having extraordinary pow...

Mank review with a little bit of spoilers

“ I know you” was Marion’s first words to Herman Mankiewicz, this was the same way I felt because I had seen Citizen Kane (1940) prior to viewing this, so most of the things in the movie looked and sounded familiar  I strongly recommend seeing Citizen Kane before seeing this. Mank is a story of stories, but primarily it is about Herman’s journey in writing the first script draft of Citizen Kane after Orson Welles slashed the number of days he had to spend writing and everything that inspired the story. It is also a story about the complexity of Hollywood studios, the impact of the great depression on the infant film industry, filmmakers meddling with politics, the emergence of the Writer’s guild of America (WGA). While all these different stories progressed, the primary plot was still at full sail.  The non-linearity of the movie was marvelously done, it leaves the audience panting to find out the WHY for some of the actions of the characters, most are rooted in a...