Skip to main content

Naruto Or One Piece?


  If you're into anime, you've either heard of Naruto or One Piece. Where am from,One Piece isn't as popular as Naruto but I think if we're judging based on  an average of all countries that watch both,one piece is more popular. I have finished Naruto but I just can't fully get into One Piece for various reasons like the art style,stretching story arcs unnecessarily and the fact that to me,it has clear point.

 One piece just kind of goes with the flow and even if One Piece fans think the author is a genius,I personally think he doesn't know what he's doing. Naruto on the other hand is something I love more,the characters are great and the fight scenes are engaging and spectacular. Story arcs are more meaningful and carry more emotional weight to me.
  I've watched 100+ one piece episodes and although it's entertaining I hate the fact that even with that much episodes I don't really grasp it's basic concepts. I mean my friends who love One Piece don't even let me argue because they deem me unworthy of their time but Naruto on the other hand isn't like that. You could watch 30 episodes and be able to make a solid argument about Jutsus and Characters. I'm quite impatient and so I hate being stalled by irrelevant things all the time. So if you're a fan of One Piece and you're angry at what I've said so far,there's no need to be. I think One Piece is great,I just think Naruto is better in all aspects.

  Now let's look at the story of both animes and how they affect their characters;


•ONE PIECE
       The primary synopsis is about Luffy a young devil fruit user and his "pirate crew" as they go in search of the one piece(a legendary treasure) in order for Luffy to become the Pirate King.

•NARUTO
      It tells the story of a young orphan boy named Naruto who has the nine tails sealed in him. Hated by the village for being the nine tails host,Naruto strives to become the Hokage of his village and secure the peace of all it's citizens.
   Those are the abridged version of both synopsis but that is essentially what the overall storyline revolves around and if you read(manga) or watch(anime) both of them you can see that both Luffy and Naruto have goals of becoming men of status. If you watch both anime you'd also know that they're also very similar. They both love food,they are both optimistic,they are both also very whacky and value friendships very very very much. But,why Naruto is better is because it is more realistic. Naruto characters have goals that do not revolve around Naruto becoming hokage and all the ninjas actually act like ninjas unlike One Piece where most of the characters goals are directly connected to the location of the One Piece treasure and they don't act like actual pirates.

   Let's move on to the worlds of both series. One Piece is supposedly set in the golden age of pirates and it has pirates and marines and all sort of whacky fun stuff but it doesn't feel like it's actually the golden age of pirates. The world is too whacky and even in serious moments it's looks very whacky due to the jarring art style.

Again no offense to the one piece fans because I do not hate one piece. I love concepts like the devil fruit in one piece. I find it poetic that pirates who use it can't swim in the ocean because what's a pirate without the ocean?.

 Naruto is set in a fictional ninja world where several villages learn the ways of the ninja and it feels that way. They have exams to graduate to higher ninja levels and they have several amazing and unique justsus. One piece fans reading this are probably saying "you haven't scratched the surface of one piece,you know nothing Jon Snow,you're stupid" and that might be true but still I see no point in anime that isn't able to set ground rules and concepts in it's first 100 episodes. To me,that's just slow and lazy in my opinion.

   All in all,I feel Naruto isn't perfect but it's great and I feel the same way about One Piece but if it's a head to head versus match I defintely think One Piece looses to Naruto. If you disagree with me and think One Piece is better,please don't hesitate to tell me why in the comment section and don't forget to subscribe for the email notifications posts where you can read full articles just from your email. Thanks A lot!

   Also I'll make a Death Note or Code Geass next so if you do or do not want that,just say so in the comment section below or you could even click any of the react buttons.


 

Comments

The Popular Posts

DOOM PATROL

   The second DC Universe Live Action show; Doom Patrol just premiered and I must say, it was a really interesting watch. Following the lives of the Doom Patrol, a team of very strange heroes who we first encounter during an episode of Titans, the show sheds more light on how they came to be the "freaks" that they are now through a brilliant narrator who ties into the episode and beautiful acting from every member of the cast.   If you saw them in Titans, you might have been pissed off by the actor who played Chief there. I thought he was horrible and the show recast him with a much better and intense actor who carries each scene he's in. With just the first episode, I was very impressed by how funny, serious and emotional it was. Unlike the show before it, Doom Patrol managed to start off on a high note with so many possibilities, it actually manage to do the whole team dynamic better than the Titan show.  I could actually feel the bond amongst each member ...

Samurai Jack's Finale Review!

If you grew up watching jack try to defeat aku and you got sad cause you never got a conclusion well the new season given to you by adult swim got you covered...it has 10 episodes and most weren't the best but they all had top notch voice acting and animation. The finale episode picks up were episode 9 left off with Aku capturing our awesome samurai and Ashi still in control of Aku.It's not Aku unless he gloats so in typical fashion Aku streamed a live video of samurai Jack chained and about to be killed...it was funny because he used the montage of the original show, which was a nice nod.All those who jack has helped since season 1 watched as he was tortured and they all joined together to attack Aku's headquarters... They all fired at Aku but with him being all powerful he wasn't affected....While all this was happening my guy Jack was trying to bring his babe back to the light side so he can slide into her DM😂😂😂...am just kidding he just wanted her to su...

UMBRELLA ACADEMY: WEIRD IS GREAT!

   I feel like this is the first time i have made a post about a show that just got released this early. Truth be told, i missed a class trying to binge all ten episodes of the new netflix show;  Doom Patrol  (that was a joke), sorry Umbrella Academy.   Honestly speaking, i find it truly intriguing how rare and fascinating how two really good and similar shows like Doom Patrol and Umbrella Academy got released during the same period of time. With the Netflix marvel shows being cancelled, i think its safe to say we'll still have our dosage of realistic superheroes on the small screen.   Based on the Dark Horse comic of the same name, Umbrella Academy tells the story of a group of kids who wan born on the same day in 1989 to mothers who weren't pregnant before that day. A rich man named Sir Reginald Hargreeves who managed to adopt seven kids out of the forty-three that were born on that day. With six of them(allegedly) having extraordinary pow...

Mank review with a little bit of spoilers

“ I know you” was Marion’s first words to Herman Mankiewicz, this was the same way I felt because I had seen Citizen Kane (1940) prior to viewing this, so most of the things in the movie looked and sounded familiar  I strongly recommend seeing Citizen Kane before seeing this. Mank is a story of stories, but primarily it is about Herman’s journey in writing the first script draft of Citizen Kane after Orson Welles slashed the number of days he had to spend writing and everything that inspired the story. It is also a story about the complexity of Hollywood studios, the impact of the great depression on the infant film industry, filmmakers meddling with politics, the emergence of the Writer’s guild of America (WGA). While all these different stories progressed, the primary plot was still at full sail.  The non-linearity of the movie was marvelously done, it leaves the audience panting to find out the WHY for some of the actions of the characters, most are rooted in a...