Skip to main content

DOOM PATROL

   The second DC Universe Live Action show; Doom Patrol just premiered and I must say, it was a really interesting watch.
Following the lives of the Doom Patrol, a team of very strange heroes who we first encounter during an episode of Titans, the show sheds more light on how they came to be the "freaks" that they are now through a brilliant narrator who ties into the episode and beautiful acting from every member of the cast.
  If you saw them in Titans, you might have been pissed off by the actor who played Chief there. I thought he was horrible and the show recast him with a much better and intense actor who carries each scene he's in. With just the first episode, I was very impressed by how funny, serious and emotional it was. Unlike the show before it, Doom Patrol managed to start off on a high note with so many possibilities, it actually manage to do the whole team dynamic better than the Titan show.  I could actually feel the bond amongst each member of the team unlike Titans which was about building the team's relationship.
  After seeing the first episode, I think what made me enjoy it the most was how they made all the members of the Doom Patrol easy to sympathize with.  Cliff A.K.A Robot Man remains to be my favorite of the bunch, even in his metal body, he has the biggest heart.  The first episode showed how he wasn't the best guy and showed his flaws in a hilarious yet touching way which made me love his character the way I loved Alphonso from the Full Metal Alchemist anime. The new member of the team Lazy Jane has 64 personalities and each one of them has their own unique power. Unfortunately Cyborg hasn't showed up yet so there's that and, I feel like how Titans went, it'll take a while before Cyborg shows up.
   Honestly, there's a lot of possibilities with this show because, the premise is about a bunch of outsiders coming together.  That alone means pretty much any super powered hero or villain can show up on the show at this point and, I'm also very curious as to what they do with Cyborg because, based on the usual canon, Cyborg's dad uses the motherbox to bring him back and am not sure The Chief(guy who helps them) has access to a motherbox so let's see how they tackle his origin story.
The characters are fun, the premise is so different yet it manages to stay grounded in reality and manage to be very emotional because of how interesting and relatable the characters are. The show is serious yet not too serious,funny and heartwarming, contains one of the best cinematography in a superhero show. It contains flashy scenes with cgi that looks very believable so, stop whatever you're doing and go watch DC's Doom Patrol right now!

Comments

  1. I felt the ending didn't meet up with the vibe a little

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the first episode, that's not the end of the series.

      Delete
  2. DuuuudeπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

The Popular Posts

Samurai Jack's Finale Review!

If you grew up watching jack try to defeat aku and you got sad cause you never got a conclusion well the new season given to you by adult swim got you covered...it has 10 episodes and most weren't the best but they all had top notch voice acting and animation. The finale episode picks up were episode 9 left off with Aku capturing our awesome samurai and Ashi still in control of Aku.It's not Aku unless he gloats so in typical fashion Aku streamed a live video of samurai Jack chained and about to be killed...it was funny because he used the montage of the original show, which was a nice nod.All those who jack has helped since season 1 watched as he was tortured and they all joined together to attack Aku's headquarters... They all fired at Aku but with him being all powerful he wasn't affected....While all this was happening my guy Jack was trying to bring his babe back to the light side so he can slide into her DMπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚...am just kidding he just wanted her to su...

BLACK PANTHER: SPOILER REVIEW

  If you haven ’ t seen black panther,I don ’t think you’d understand this post because I’ll be talking about things that happened rather than explaining them like most spoiler reviews. With that being said,let us march on. We saw the bright side of wakanda as well as it ’s hidden dark history and so now,its time to talk about. I’ll start of by talking about who everyone is talking about and that is no one else but Erik Killmonger.   Erik Killmonger and Ulysyss Klaw are now my favorite villains. In fact, unlike many I actually preferred Klaw as a villain but maybe that was because Killmonger was more of an antagonist(yes,they can be different)to me. Klaw just wanted vibranium so he could fuck shit up but Erik’s grievance was more personal and it challenged T’challa’s ideals because who Erik had become was a result of his father’s(King T’chaka) mistake I’ll go into that in a bit.  Black Panther shows us just how impressive Wakanda is because it’s ...

Mank review with a little bit of spoilers

“ I know you” was Marion’s first words to Herman Mankiewicz, this was the same way I felt because I had seen Citizen Kane (1940) prior to viewing this, so most of the things in the movie looked and sounded familiar  I strongly recommend seeing Citizen Kane before seeing this. Mank is a story of stories, but primarily it is about Herman’s journey in writing the first script draft of Citizen Kane after Orson Welles slashed the number of days he had to spend writing and everything that inspired the story. It is also a story about the complexity of Hollywood studios, the impact of the great depression on the infant film industry, filmmakers meddling with politics, the emergence of the Writer’s guild of America (WGA). While all these different stories progressed, the primary plot was still at full sail.  The non-linearity of the movie was marvelously done, it leaves the audience panting to find out the WHY for some of the actions of the characters, most are rooted in a...